As the weather warms up and the sun stays out longer, send your children out to play and tackle a few odd jobs to create a healthier home this spring.
A good spring cleaning begins with traditional cleaning like mopping, vacuuming, dusting, cleaning the kitchen and the bathroom, etc. In addition to the traditional cleaning, there are a few things in your home that may need a little more attention.
ServiceMaster Clean, a national provider of carpet, upholstery and other floor cleaning, recommends deep cleaning the following:
- Carpets To maintain your carpet’s appearance, you should have a professional clean your carpet. Deep cleaning the carpets yourself could leave water and detergent in the carpet, causing mold and fungal build-up. A professional cleaner has the equipment and the expertise to fully remove dirt and detergent, and leaves the carpet drier. When it comes to cleaning carpets, ServiceMaster Clean can offer you an environmentally friendly alternative to traditional carpet cleaning with Green For™ Carpets. The Green For line is especially good for those who have chemical sensitivities.
- Hard surface floors Having a professional deep clean your hard surface floors will ensure that ground-in dirt and sand will be removed from your floors. Ground-in dirt and sand particles can damage floors.
- Upholstery Because heavily used upholstered furniture can have body and hair oils on them that attract dirt, they should be professionally cleaned. Using consumer products to deep clean your upholstery can shrink, discolor and damage the upholstery fibers.
Preventing and ridding your home of clutter can also help create a healthier home this year. A few rules of thumb are:
- When you clean, carry a garbage bag or wastebasket with you so you don’t have to go far to throw things away.
- Sort mail immediately, and discard the “junk” mail.
- If you haven’t used it, worn it, etc., in a year, you probably don’t need it. Give it away or throw it out.
- Organize bedroom, bathroom and hall closets by placing plastic crates on their sides for storage of things like sweaters, shoes, handbags, toiletries, and other items you use often.
- Keep your utility room or garage neat by hanging a pegboard with nails or hooks for items like tools, electrical cords or other items that may be taking up space on a flat surface or floor.
For more information regarding your healthy home, please contact us call us at 614-836-0026 for Carpet Cleaning Columbus, Groveport, OH and take another step toward a healthy home.
Our Services: upholstery cleaning Columbus