Spring is finally here, bringing with it an abundance of spring showers and budding flowers as well as graduation parties and other spring events. If springtime festivities leave your carpet a mess, you may need to call ServiceMaster for help.
However, if you’re dealing with a small stain, such as soda that was spilled in the midst of all the excitement, follow this technique from Stainmaster® to remove the spot from your carpets.*
- Blot as much of the spot as possible.
- Prepare either a detergent cleaning solution of ¼ teaspoon liquid dish soap with 1 cup warm water or a vinegar cleaning solution of 2 tablespoons white vinegar with 4 cups warm water.
- Pretest the solution on a spot of the carpet.
- Apply the cleaning solution to the affected area by putting it on a cloth and using the cloth to apply to the carpet. Work from the outside of the spot toward the center.
- Let the solution soak into the carpet for at least five minutes.
- Blot the spot with a clean white cloth until no more soda transfers to the cloth. Do not rub the spot or you might damage the carpet fibers.
- Rinse with cold water. Be sure all carpet cleaning solution is removed from the carpet.
- If you can still see the spot, repeat the process until the soda is removed or it no longer transfers to the cloth.
- If you’re unable to remove the spot on your own or have other stains, call ServiceMaster Complete Services for help at 614-836-0026.
*Source: from Stainmaster®