Ceramic tile and grout is a versatile and enduring option for bathrooms, kitchens and entryways. Regular professional cleaning is important to sustain the quality and look, but there are also a few key practices you can follow between cleanings. Whether you’ve recently installed new tile, or are looking to brighten up and protect your existing tile and grout, these tips will help you preserve them for years to come.
- Sweep or vacuum tile on a regular basis.
- Clean spills quickly to avoid staining.
- Using a sealer on grout protects it from dirt, mildew and stains. There are a variety of different sealers depending on the location so make sure you are using the correct sealer for your need or contact a professional.
- Avoid scratches from furniture. Consider purchasing felt floor protector pads for your furniture.
- Use floor mats outside of doorways to prevent excessive dirt and other corrosive substances from being tracked onto the tile.
- Clean tile weekly with a non-oil based cleaner. Avoid bleach, acid based and color solutions for cleaning.
- Rinse tile and grout with clean water to remove any residue left by cleaning solutions.
- Do not use abrasive materials such as steel wool pads when cleaning tile and grout.
Contact us with any questions or to schedule your professional tile and grout cleaning in Columbus, Groveport.