There’s no better time to talk about winterizing your home than now. Since the snow and colder temperatures have decided to make an early appearance here in central Ohio, we wanted to share a few ways to winterize your home.
- Check all weather stripping around doorframes and windows. Replace if necessary.
- Replace all screen doors and windows with storm doors and windows.
- Remove all outside hoses and store in a warm, dry place.
- Cover outside faucets to prevent water damage.
- Check outdoor lighting. A well-lit exterior will help prevent accidents on icy walkways.
- Clean or replace the air filter in your furnace.
- To prevent pipes from freezing, keep a small amount of water trickling from the faucets and keep the thermostat set at the same temperature both day and night.
Water damage can pose a serious health risk if not treated in a timely manner. If you do experience a burst pipe, ServiceMaster Clean is on call 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. We offer flood/fire restoration and utilize a six-step process to ensure maximum safety and effectiveness:
- Inspection and assessment
- Water removal
- Anti-microbial application
- Drying: Air movement
- Drying: Dehumidifying
- Drying: Monitoring
For more information on our restoration process, click here.